Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hey, Daddy-o's ...Hot Peas 'N Butter!


Daniel and Francisco are two cool daddy-o's of Hot Peas 'N Butter. They're new CD is Hot Peas 'N Butter Vol. 4: The Pod Squad. www.hotpeasnbutter.com


DANIEL LAPIDUS
1) How many kids do you have? Ages?
One kid, age 3 1/2

2) Best thing about being a dad?
The best thing about being a dada is being able to watch my daughter experience new things, and re-living my childhood vicariously through her!

3) How does being a dad influence your music?
It's easier to write music for kids now that I'm a dad because I'm more in tune to what kids really care about.

4) Best &/or worst Father's Day gift:
The best father's day gifts are all the self crafted ones. My favorite so far is a portrait of myself autographed by my daughter (even though it looks nothing like me!)

5) How are you spending this Father's Day?
Swimming in a pond in the Berkshires, Mass. as a family.

6) Words of wisdom to dads:
Try to be there as much as you can. As corny as it sounds, it all goes by so quick. One minute they're a baby and then one day, they're treating you like a baby.

7) (For your kids only)...walk out of the room dads...is your dad cool or goofy?
I had to ask her, and believe me...she said, "cool"!



FRANCISCO COTTO:

1) How many kids do you have? Ages?
I have one, an 11 year old


2) Best thing about being a dad?
Watching my son grow and helping him deal with life's many mysteries


3) How does being a dad influence your music?
Being a dad teaches me that it's the simple things that kids love the most. I try to apply that to my music.


4) Best &/or worst Father's Day gift:
The best gift is being able to spend time with my family. I don't ever remember getting a bad father's day gift.


5) How are you spending this Father's Day?
Probably have a barbecue or maybe go out to a nice dinner with the family.


6) Words of wisdom to dads:
Communication is an important factor in maintaining a good relationship with your child. Always pay attention no matter how unimportant somethings may seem to you. It could mean the world to your child.


7) (For your kids only)...walk out of the room dads...is your dad cool or goofy?
Both!


Thanks, Daniel and Francisco!
Happy Father's Day!

No comments: