Friday, June 13, 2008

Hey, Daddy-o Brady Rymer!

Cool rockin' daddy-o, Brady, has a wonderful new award-winning album, Here Comes Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could. At heart he's just a mushy sentimental dad.


1) How many kids do you have? Ages?
Two kids – Boy, 11 – Girl, 9

2) Best thing about being a dad?
Lots of things - here are a few-
Hearing my kids laugh together from the other room
Watching my son play baseball
Watching my daughter dance
Having a catch with them
Drawing with them
Listening to them tell stories about their day
Reading with them before bed
Walking with them to the bus stop & then later picking them up
Making breakfast & getting them ready for school

3) How does being a dad influence your music?
Becoming a dad has made me very busy - busy with living, & when I’m busy living, it usually means I’m busy writing & having fun with my music. So that’s good for me & my favorite songs have come out of this relatively new experience of bein’ a dad. Always surprising…


4) Best &/or worst Father's Day gift:
My kids like to make gifts – a drawing, a sculpture, a ?? – I get a big kick out of those!
They also love to write up little coupons good for “one free car wash”, “one undisturbed nap (hmmm?!)”, “one walk around the garden!”, “one kiss” with an expiration date of “neffer”.
Worst gift from your kid on Father’s Day…there isn’t one!

5) How are you spending this Father's Day?
We usually go to the Strawberry festival, the first of MANY carnivals that come to town in the summer. The strawberry shortcake is monumental and even though I literally can’t stomach the rides anymore, we blow our piggy banks on classic carnie games like Whack-A-Mole! I think it’s a popular father’s day destination based on the amount of dads walking around with their brand new, extra large “World’s Best Dad” t-shirts on!

6) Words of wisdom to dads:
I honestly don’t feel qualified –ask me in 20 years!
Learn how to call an audible!
be yourself, let them be themselves, trust your instincts, be present, positive & loving. Basic human stuff… I’m finding that if you just be yourself and encourage & help them be themselves, it’s all working OK for us…so far!

Yosi, with these answers, I’m sure that you now have your new kiddie smash-hit, “I’m Just A Sentimental, Mushy, Dorky Kind Of Dad!”
---(Ha! Yup, you know me Brady , I'm just doin' research.)

7) (For your kids only)...walk out of the room Robbie...is your dad (Robbie) cool or goofy?
For my daughter. She says:
“My Daddy is goofy when he sits in the middle of me & Gus (her brother) in the car & moves around. And when he plays the Flo Rida song with Gus.”


Thanks Brady!
Happy Father's Day!


No comments: