Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hey, Daddy-o Scribble Jim!


Scribble Jim is the scribbliest Daddy-o of ScribbleMonster scribble fame. He is downright scribbleful & scribblerific. We think he's just smurfy...err scribbley.


1) How many kids do you have? Ages?
We have three really cool kids: Jameson- 15, Elaina & Cooper- 9

2) Best thing about being a dad?
Seeing the world from the perspective of my children and discovering all the things I had missed or forgotten about. Their unfettered creativity awes and inspires me. As they grow, every year I keep finding myself thinking, “This is a fun age.”

3) How does being a dad influence your music?
My kids are my muse. They inspire songs from things they say (Don’t Cry, Dance!, My Imaginary Friend) and do (Candy for Breakfast, Oh Well). As a parent, I use music as a tool to celebrate positives (I Like the Way You Share, Hooray), turn negatives into positives (Scrub-A-Dub, The Bedtime March) and just to play around (I’m a… (Anything I Like), Play the Table). There’s a song for everything; ask my kids. An awful lot of ScribbleMonster’s songs existed in our house before there was any thought of sharing – the public has been spared from many.

4) Best &/or worst Father's Day gift:
Best: Visiting with family and friends; playing games, music, sharing stories and eating good food.

5) How are you spending this Father's Day?
Visiting with family and friends; playing games, music, sharing stories and eating good food.

6) Words of wisdom to dads:
“No Good Can Ever Come of a Sleepover”, “Spare the Rock, Spoil the Child”, “Why Must Everyone Talk at Once?” and other pearls of musical parental wisdom will be available this summer on our new disc, Songs with No Character.

7) (For your kids only)...walk out of the room Jim...is your dad (Jim) cool or goofy?
Jameson: “Cool and goofy. Do I have to do this? You’re ruining my life!”
Elaina: “Both – he’s an amazing dad which makes him cool, but sometimes he likes to goof off.”
Cooper: “Goofy. Like when he tells me stories as Barney.”
Happy Father's Day, Scribble Jim!

No comments: